Ok, so I am just going to be real honest here--I am 32 years old and I have NEVER registered to vote. I have no excuse. I am just not a politically driven person. I KNOW, I KNOW. Stop screaming at me :)
I mean sure, I have my belief system and my values, but to be honest I guess I always felt like neither candidate deserved my vote. I cannot say that I feel any differently this year; however, I am married to a very politically inspired right-wing young republican.
When we first got together, I told him that I had never voted. After I picked him up off the floor, he told me that we had to change that, it was just plain un-American of me!
Unlike in his childhood home, politics were never discussed around the dinner table. I don't remember my parents ever talking about voting.
To all the parents reading this blog, if you want your kids to grow up to be fine outstanding citizens who vote, you need to talk to them about voting. I am not saying you need to cram your views down their throats, ANDREW.
But you need to tell them what it is all about, how it happens, when it happens, why it happens, and what it means to our country and our people.
Think about all the years of voting I lost. It kind of makes me sad to think about it.
Oh well, 2008 is a new year and thanks to my husband, I am now registered to vote, and when I get called for jury duty he will hear me bitch and complain.
Rock on people, rock on.
and you will be voting for Obama, right??? :-) Either way, I am glad you have changed your mind on voting. It's actually very empowering in a wierd kind of way. If anything, it gives you the right to bitch if/when the next prez screws things up!
Glad you are blogging again!
Carsten said...
6:12 PM