Thank you to everyone who responded! Andrew and I are so very lucky to be surrounded by such great friends. We never feel alone or lost because we have you guys!
A quick update…the pharmacy called and gave us the medicine totals.
For JUST the shots, it is going to be $1971.
For the IVF medicines, it is going to be $2341.
Now, that is not a huge difference; however, after you factor in the office visits and IVF procedure, there is a cost difference.
Each time I go to the doctor's office, it costs $385. There is a minimum of three visits with the shots. So, best case scenario is $3126 for one round of shots and three office visits. Now, I forgot to mention that IF my body produces too many follicles (or eggs) with the shots, the doctor will not go forward. Say for instance, I produce 20 follicles when I need to produce a max of 6. Dr. K will not go forward, due to the fact that ALL of the follicles could get fertilized.
Now that Andrew and I have had some time to think, we have decided to go back to the doctor to ask more questions. I think we were so shocked that we forgot to ask some important questions! I don't think we will have time to go back this week, but maybe next week. We can't really do anything until after Jan. 1 anyway (because of the flex spending money).
Keep the thoughts and prayers coming! We are looking forward to enjoying the holidays without having to worry about fertility "things." I think having to wait for the flex spending money was a blessing in disguise :)
0 comments:
Post a Comment