Saturday night Andrew and I went to the Stevie Nicks concert at the Woodlands Pavilion. We had a really nice evening, with the exception of one little blemish ;)
We parked, bought our tickets, rented Andrew’s lawn chair, and finally sat down on the lawn at about 6:30. Everything was going smoothly, we were people watching and having a grand time. Then all the sudden my cell rings. It was the people we dog sit for. Seems I got the dates wrong, I thought they were coming home on Sunday not Saturday, and they were at our house wanting to pick up their beloved dog! OOPPPSS! So I tried to call them back and no one answered. For 45 minutes, I tried to call them, I text them, I left a voicemail; I paged them and still nothing.
Finally, right before Stevie was to come on stage I got a hold of them and apologized profusely. Lately, I have been extremely spacey. I would blame it on my migraine meds, but I don’t think that is it. I think we just have a lot going on. Maybe too much! Andrew says he saw something on TV and they said every time you have a migraine you lose brain cells. He thinks that might be my issue! Yeah, I put a little extra spice in his food that night. BUT I DIGRESS ;)
So let me get to the blemish! The people called and I was frantically trying to call them back and Andrew says, and I quote, “Gosh Dear, you sure have been mixing up a lot of dates lately. I wonder what is going on with you. Where has your head been lately?” AND THEN he rolls his eyes at me!
Yeah, JERK! So I am in panic mode and this ____ has the nerve to say that to me? How about saying, it’s okay Dear, everything will be fine, how can I help you? Nope. Didn’t get any of that!
So after I got everything settled, I was LIVID. I said you know, you could show more compassion and try to be a little more sympathetic when someone is in crisis mode. I would NEVER do that to you and if I did, I would expect you to be upset with me. And of course, he played dumb like what did I do. HELLO!! He apologized and for the next 30 minutes tried to get on my good side.
As soon as Stevie came on, I forgot about him and his ways and moved on J I basically paid $28 per ticket to see her perform Gold Dust Woman. It was worth every penny! Then after the concert, we met Sharon and Kathy for drinks and chatted with them. It had been about two months since I saw them and it was nice to catch up.
We got home at about 1:00 AM and didn’t get to bed until 2:00 AM! That is crazy for us! We are PARTY ANIMALS J
0 comments:
Post a Comment