.clear{clear:both;}

I have been having some work issues lately and it has been making me miserable! I have been trying to look on the bright side! Yeah, I know.......good luck! I stumbled across this information and I think I am going to try it!

A productive way to cheer yourself up after a particularly bad day, when everything seems to have gone wrong, is to:
* Call your best friend
* Take a bath
* Run a mile
* Cry
* Write a list of gratitudes for what is working in your life
* Send cards to people you love thanking them for being there for you
* Sing really loud
* Hug
* Pat a dog
* Get a massage
Do anything that gets you back in touch with your life right now.

Usually when we are having a bad day we amplify it and dismiss anything positive. We feel that it will last forever or this is the beginning of the end. We forget any good, any kindness, any moments where we weren't having a bad day. A day is filled with moments so instead of counting and affirming the 'bad' moments, affirm the good ones.

1 comments:

I've been having a hard time at work lately, too. I found a quote the other day that helps me.

"Whoever battles monsters should take care not to become a monster too, for if you stare long enough into the Abyss, the Abyss stares also into you." (Friedrich Nietzsche)

11:50 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home