I think that is a wonderful statement to remember, thanks Karol! :)
I have been wresting with the whole baby thing lately. I just can't make a decision to save my life! The past 6 months have been hard on us, and to even think about another 6 months like this is unbearable! I am going to go ahead with the infertility testing, but I am thinking about taking a break after that. I just want to make sure we are having a baby for the right reasons, and not just because we are on a roll. Make sense?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Well, I think that this is a good simple general rule to remember, but unfortunately, life is not always this simple. Things are not always black and white. Oprah is not always all knowing...
Of course, if you are doubting (meaning the negatives far outweigh the positives) that you are ready to go ahead with having a baby (for whatever reason - healing after your miscarriages, restrengthening your relationship, etc), then you should probably go with your gut and wait a while.
Just don't confuse doubt with good decision making. Weighing the positives and negaitives, having reservations, etc. does not clearly mean that you should not go ahead with something. It just means that you should carefully evaluate the situation before making a decision.
Also, remember that in life you have to take risks. Without risks, there are no rewards. If you didn't follow through with everything that you had some doubts about, then you would accomplish nothing in life.
Just an example... when Danyel wanted to switch to working at Edward Jones we both had serious concerns and reservations... especially since we just bought a house and were wanting to get married soon. But, we also knew that if it worked out, we would be better off financially and that he would be much happier. It was a risk, but one that we decided was worth taking. If we would have let our doubts make our decision, he would have lost out on the opportunity.
Sorry for being so analytical this morning... just my opinions...
Carsten said...
11:01 AM
Sorry to offend by my previous comment... that was certainly not my intention. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I was just expressing mine in the hopes of offering a different viewpoint.
Carsten said...
7:22 PM