"You don't need to know someone to be affected by their actions."
I just read that sentence and thought that was an awesome statement! Yesterday, I saw a cat that had just been hit by a car on HWY 6. Not to give too many details, but it was still alive when I saw it, and the situation completely caught me off guard. It was raining and I was all dressed up to go somewhere. All of these crazy thoughts crossed my mind. The main one being, "Should I turn around and get it out of the street?" It absolutely broke my heart. This cat, that I don't know and had never seen, just touched me. I did turn around, BUT I didn't stop the car because it was evident that the cat was dead. And I was afraid of being rear-ended by another car and getting killed trying to rescue a dead cat. I said a little prayer and told myself that there was essentially nothing I could do about it. So, I didn't need to know that cat to be affected by its death. After all I am only human :)
AND to Andrew's family member that says I have no compassion, eat that you old bitty!
Who says you have no compassion??? That person obviously doesn't know you very well. Maybe it is that one person that you don't have compassion for, but doesn't deserve it anyway! Screw her.
Carsten said...
7:49 PM
Bird, you are one of the most compassionate people I know.
Sincerely,
Big Bird
Carsten said...
8:19 PM
I think that the someone obviously has mistaken your honesty and lack of "fake" as lack of compassion. I think you know better :-) I think it says more about her personality than yours! You are obviously a compassionate person, as well as a passionate person! Stay you!
Anonymous said...
11:45 PM